the reverse bearing a central wreathed inscription of “TAPFER UND TREUE”
had suffered broken bones to his foot when he fell through a hole in a bridge on the morning of September 22
5 mm (w) x 50 mm (h) and 22 mm (w) 47
Demonstrating minor material fatigue and soiling consistent with field use
OFLAG XIII-B first occupants were Serbian officers
Canada, CEF. A 254th Infantry Battalion "Quinte's Own" Badge Set Archive the reverse bearing a centralIncludes: 1. Cap Badge: in pickled brass, voided, unmarked, measuring 39. 3 mm (w) x 49. 7 mm (h), both lugs intact. 2. Collar Badge Pair: in pickled brass, voided, unmarked, measuring 25. 3 mm (w) x 32. 7 mm (h) each, both lugs intact on both badges. Very light contact, near extremely fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Central Ontario with mobilization headquarters at Belleville under the authority of G. O. 48, May 1, 1917. The Battalion