mostly RAF ground crew from June 16 to 17 and the ships with room to spare were sent south to St Nazaire and the French wrecked the harbour facilities with assistance from the British demolition party
organized in early 1930’s with aim of representing NS alternative to Unionist organizations
after the formation of the Ceylon Defence Force
insignia in silvered brass with red and blue enamels
The thick leather washer at the crossguard junction is dyed black
Canada, CEF. A 235th Infantry Battalion Cap Badge Archive mostly RAF ground crew fromIn pickled brass, voided, measuring 42. 9 mm (w) x 48 mm (h), both lugs and pin intact, very fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Central Ontario with mobilization headquarters at Belleville under the authority of G. O. 69, July 15, 1916. The Battalion sailed May 3, 1917 under the command of Lieutenant Colonel S. B. Scobel with a strength of 19 officers and 438 other ranks. They arrived in Liverpool, England on May 14th and were absorbed into