The dome itself has an off-yellow rayon liner
He saw service in the British Army in India and the Royal Canadian Engineers during the First World War
Instituted on July 11th
Stitched onto the panels directly beneath the eagle is an additional insignia consisting of a machine-embroidered tricolour cockade
with a suspension apparatus
Canada, CEF. A 253rd Infantry Battalion "Queen's University Highlanders" Cap Badge Heer. A Flak/Artillery Hauptmann’s Service Tunic The dome itself has anIn pickled brass, voided, maker marked "KINNEAR & DESTERRE" on the reverse, measuring 47. 5 mm (w) x 66 mm (h), both lugs intact, contact marks, red residue evident around "253", better than very fine. Footnote: The Battalion was raised in Eastern Ontario with mobilization headquarters at Kingston under the authority of G. O. 48, May 1, 1917. The Battalion sailed April 29, 1917 under the command of Lieutenant Colonel P. G. C. Campbell with a strength